The Ancheer HC-300A Outdoor Digital Trail Camera is one of the top models under the $100 category for trail cameras and it packs a lot of features into a small package with a steady high-quality output. The unit measures 8 x 6 x 13cm/3.1 x 2.3 x 5.1inch (L x W x H) and, like most trail cameras, it can be operated day and night.
1. Standard FeaturesThe Ancheer HC-300A comes packed with the following features:
- Color: The Camouflage Green case color allows the unit to blend in with most foliage, making it less noticeable while in deployment.
- Security: The Ancheer HC-300A comes with a secure lock password protection feature that helps protect the unit and the images from theft.
- User Interface: The unit comes with a 2-inch LCD upfront that allows you to navigate the menu better.
- Storage: The trail camera is capable of supporting external SD cards from 8MB up to 32GB.
- Portability: It also has a USB port as well as a TV out socket for faster playback.
- Mounting: The package comes with a Python lock and it can be mounted using either a rope or a belt that fits the mounting braces.
2. Detection and Trigger Speed
The Ancheer HC-300A has an adjustable PIR sensor and is capable of detecting motion within 60ft. The sensors have three settings: high, mid and low and it also has a manual shooting capability care of the included remote control.
The unit has a trigger speed of 1.1 seconds and can be programmed with a delay feature that allows the lens to focus better. The delay can be programmed between 0-60 seconds and allows the unit to go on sleep mode when not needed.
The Ancheer HC-300A takes images using a 12 mega pixel CMOS sensor with a F=3.0mm FOV(Field of View)=60¡ã lens combination. The infrared flash has an effective range of 65 feet and image resolution can be adjusted to 12MO, 8MP or 5MP.
Videos captured by this trail camera can come in 1080P, 720P or VGA resolution and can have a length between 1 and 90 seconds. Video recordings taken using the Ancheer HC-300A also come with audio.
Night mode videos and pictures come standard with this unit and the Long Vision IR Night Range ensure that the images captured at night are as crisp and clear as daytime images.
4. Power Options
The Ancheer HC-300A runs on 8 AA batteries and can be connected to a 6V external power source. The camera apparatus consumes less than 6 mAh per day making the batteries last for a long time before needing to be changed.
The LCD screen also adds to the power consumption and frequent updates or camera maintenance might severely affect the lifespan of the batteries.
5. Ease of Use
The user interface with LCD Display makes customizing the settings easy and quick to do while the instant playback also makes maintenance runs faster as you don’t have to bring down the unit; you can use the LCD Display to view pictures onsite while the USB port and TV out enables a quick onsite file transfer.
The trail camera also comes with a remote which can take some time to get used to, and some users actually report that without the remote, using the unit can become confusing but is easily solved by referring to the user manual as well as practicing with the unit before deployment.
The Ancheer HC-300A Outdoor Digital Trail Camera is currently priced below $100 and it is one of the more affordable yet feature heavy models within its price range.
Reviews mentioned that the Ancheer HC-300A captures great pictures and the quality of the videos are almost perfect even in night mode. It’s unique design and nifty features come as an added bonus to its reliable performance.
This trail camera also has a standard after sales support and has service centers in select locations that make getting support easier.
8. Overall Rating
The Ancheer HC-300A Outdoor Digital Trail Camera has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars based on user reviews with just a few minor setbacks that give it a lower than a 5 star rating.