The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision is an under $100 trail camera that can also be used to detect intruders around your house. Packed with up-to-date features and a competitive trigger speed, the Bushnell 119513C deserves a spot in a hunter’s arsenal of cameras.
1. Standard FeaturesThe Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision comes with the following features:
- Color: The Bushnell 119513C‘s grey finish lends it a semblance of invisibility especially when placed in a dark and discreet location. The case color allows it to be placed inside (and outside) a home without making it stand-out like some trail cameras with camouflage colors.
- User Interface: The Bushnell 119513C has a black and white text LCD screen that allows menu and settings navigation.
- Storage: This trail camera comes with a 2GB memory and is also capable of supporting external SD cards up to 16GB.
- Modes: The Bushnell 119513C has a multiple shot mode that allows you to capture three photos in one trigger instance. It also comes with photo delay and sleep modes that you can play around with to get the most out of the camera.
- Dimensions: The Bushnell 119513C has a dimension of 120mm x 94mm x 46mm.
- Weight: Weighing around a pound, the 119513C can be mounted easily.
- Mounting options: A 90-degree pivoting bracket comes with the package and the Bushnell 119513C is also compatible with a Python lockset.
2. Detection and Trigger Speed
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision has 18 IR LED motion sensors that are capable of detecting movement up to 30 feet away. This distance is considerably closer than most trail cameras in the market but the lower flash range is compensated with better picture quality and a competitive trigger speed.
The 119513’s trigger speed is set at 1.6 seconds per motion instance and it also has an adjustable photo delay with 0:05 to 0:59 and 1:00 to 10:00 options.
3. Picture Quality
Night mode photos and videos are also clear with almost no visible grain. The Bushnell 119513C also has a multiple shot mode that can shoot up to three pictures per trigger per motion event. It also has preset and adjustable sensitivity levels.
The 119513C trail camera places a time and date stamp on all images and it also has the option to add the moon phase. It also boasts of an auto-focus, auto-exposure and auto white balance feature for clearer pictures.
4. Power Options
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision operates using 4 AA batteries and this trail camera allows for a variable sleep state, conserving the batteries for up to six months. Like most trail cameras, Alkaline and Lithium batteries are highly recommended for better performance as generic batteries would only last for a few weeks.
5. Ease of Use
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision is easy to use with a black and white text LCD display screen. Its compact size enables it to be mounted almost anywhere and it comes with a 90-degree rotating bracket.
The 119513C is gasket sealed for better water and weather protection and it also has a threaded 1/4″ – 20 slot for tripods and monopods. Set-up can take up to five minutes, max!
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision has a steady price under $100 and it comes with a standard one year warranty as well as some mounting screws.
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision is a great camera with its quality output and weather proof casing. Its features are competitive enough to be compared with higher priced models and its ability to be placed inside a home makes it a favorite among homeowners as well.
8. Overall Rating
The Bushnell 119513C 5MP Low Glow Surveillance Camera with Night Vision has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Most of its users are impressed with its performance and durability while some find the sensor and flash range to be below their requirements. Others find that running just on 4 AA batteries quickly drain out the energy and feel that a battery expansion or a external power supply slot can be added.