One of the earliest trail game camera models to come out of production, the Stealth Cam P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera combines practicality and performance into a single package that also comes with an Energy Efficient Design. Even with its “vintage” features, the STC-P12 still delivers the necessary information that hunters look for in a good hunting camera and its sleek 3D package makes it light and compact which adds to its appeal.
The Stealth Cam STC-P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera comes with the following features:
- Color: The STC-P12 has tree bark color which blends in with most forest trees, making it invisible to animals and hunters alike.
- User Interface: The unit comes with an Easy Quick Set Dial that has three preset modes that makes setting it up a breeze. The STC-P12 has an external LCD that helps you navigate around the settings.
- Storage: This trail camera is also capable of supporting external SD cards up to 32GB.
- Portability: The Stealth Cam STC-P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera comes with a mini-USB port for faster file transfer.
- Modes: The STC-P12 comes with a Burst Mode that can capture up to 6 images per trigger instance.
- Mounting: The Stealth Cam STC-P12 comes with a big strap that can be attached to trees as well as a slot for tripod mounting.
The Stealth Cam P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera has 12 IR Emitters that has an effective range of 50 ft. The camera’s trigger speed is considerably slower than today’s standard but it remains competitive enough with a delay that can be set at 5-59 seconds / 0-59 minute recovery time-out. The STC-P12 comes with a 50-degree sensor angle and the IR flash emits almost no light when capturing images.
The Stealth Cam P12 camera still takes clear pictures even at a lower 6MP resolution and it is also capable of shooting 15-second videos. Given its age, the night mode pictures can be a little blurry but the information that they bear is still very usable and can help you track down that big buck.
The STC-P12 places a time and date stomp on all images and it also has the option to add the moon phase along with other information that hunters would need.
The Stealth Cam P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera operates using 8 AA batteries and it also comes with an external power jack that can be connected to an external 12V DC power source. The unit also comes with a low power indicator that saves you the hassle of finding the camera dead and empty, especially if you don’t realize that the battery has run out.
The Energy Efficient design makes the STC-P12 one of the more reliable models when it comes to extending battery life. Users appreciate that they have unloaded thousands of images but they have still to change the batteries.
Ease of Use
The Stealth Cam P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera has a straight forward and simple menu but users have found that it can take some time to get used to. Other users find that customizing the settings can be a hassle if you haven’t mastered the basics but the preset modes are good enough for hunting purposes.
STC-P12 6.0 Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera’s age gives it a much lower price at under $100. Users have reported that they can purchase a few units of the STC-P12 at the price of a newer model but they feel more confident of the unit not being stolen.
The Stealth Cam P12 is much lighter and less bulky than more modern model. The STC-P12’s performance can still be compared to newer models and it has almost the same number of features as the latest model. Images may come out a little blurred at the edges but it does compromise when it comes to identifying the prime target for your next hunt.
This Trail Camera has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars with the image quality being the main issue but it’s not something to prevent you from taking a closer look at this trail camera.
Incoming search terms:
- cuddeback black flash review